Best resources and courses to learn Laravel PHP framework
There are a bunch of tutorials out there and many good websites to learn Laravel PHP framework.
The best place to start with is https://laracasts.com/, here you can learn from the best developers called Jeffery Way who was involved developing Laravel.
I subscribed monthly to this tutorials.
Of course when you need a reference then check: laravel.com official documentation, don’t forget to check in which Laravel version you are reading, currently the last version is
5.4 5.5 while writing this post.
A course on quick performance wins you can implement right now:
serversforhackers.com/laravel-perf By Chris Fidao.
Another helpful video tutorials you can found here: devdojo.com
While you are learning and doing small projects I recommend reading amazing books to understand the concepts behind Laravel and improve your development:
- Codesmart written by Dayle Rees
Laravel Up And Running
by Matt Stauffer, notice this book is also recommended by the creator of Laravel framework
Really helpfull tweets about Laravel tweetsnippet.com/snippets/laravel
To improve your development code, there an amazing book called Refactoring To Collections by Adam Wathan, so read the testimonials
before buying it if you are not sure if the book is worth it, don’t forget there are different packages, maybe you can check the package that contains the book with the 4 hours video.
- Laravel Daily
- Test Driven Laravel by Adam Wathan
- Best Laravel by Kati Frantz @udemy
- Learning Path Laravel by Packt Publishing @udemy
- Laravel React by Ryan Dhungel @udemy
Blogs and Tutorials:
hosted by Matt Stauffer and regular guests include Taylor Otwell (the creator of Laravel) and Jeffrey Way (the creator of Laracasts).
hosted by Jeffrey Way
hosted by Alfred Nutile && Nathan Kirschbaum
hosted by Jacob Bennett && Michael Dyrynda
hosted by Michael Dyrynda && Jacob Bennett
Other Laravel helpful episodes from Full Stack Radio #hosted by Adam Wathan
- Episode 11: Jeffrey Way – “But how does it feel?”
- Episode 14: Taylor Otwell – Building Envoyer, Laravel 5.1 and Learning to Program
- Episode 34: Matt Machuga – Dealing with Dependencies in Active Record Models
- Episode 52: Taylor Otwell – Patterns for Simplifying Laravel Applications
, Packalystcreates a simple and social packages registry for Laravel
Other Laravel concepts
- Building Real-Time Laravel Apps with Pusher
- About Query Builder
Tips and Tricks
Keep learning and do little projects until you feel comfortable with Laravel and take advanced tutorials because there is always something new you gonna learn.