Adding Valet missing path: ~/.composer/vendor/bin
Laravel valet is a wonderful environment to create new Laravel project without the need to download any localhost server like Wampp, Xampp, Ampps.
After downloading Homebrew (or just updating it to the last version), you need to install version 7 of PHP by writing :
brew install homebrew/php/php71
Right after that, you need to install Valet via the composer by this command:
composer global require laravel/valet
Now as said in the Laravel documentation you need to add
to your system, and this can be done by:
- In the bash command line
- Navigate to main directory and then to etc like this: cd /etc/
- In etc folder can be found the paths file
- So write sudo nano paths, I wrote sudo because it request permissions in order to do changes to the paths file
- Finally add: ~/.composer/vendor/bin
- Save the file by clicking CTRl + x in your keyboard..
In my mac pro (Early 2015), I have macOS Sierra version 10.12.4, and here the paths file after making the changes:
Thanks for reading the post.